- Our primary purpose is to declare the centrality of Christ in the lives of men and in all their relationships. The major concerns are:
- To encourage knowledge of and support for the total mission of The United Methodist Church.
- To engage in evangelism by sharing the fullness of the gospel in its personal and social dimensions.
- To clarify and speak to the identity and role of the man in contemporary society.
- To seek commitment to discipleship.
- To study and become familiar with The United Methodist Church, its organization, doctrines, and beliefs.
- To cooperate with all units of United Methodist Men in obtaining these objectives through district, conference, jurisdiction, and church‑wide goals.,
- Men seeking membership in a local United Methodist Men’s Fellowship shall subscribe to the “Purpose” of United Methodist Men and to these personal objectives:
- Engage daily in Bible study and prayer.
- Bear witness to Christ’s way in daily work and in all personal contacts through words and actions.
- Engage in some definite Christian service.
WHY IS MEN’S MINISTRY IMPORTANT?
- Men lead others best by modeling Jesus Christ in thoughts, words and deeds.
- Spiritual maturity is signified in spiritual reproduction, as the faith of mature disciples passes on in others.
- Men growing in Christ become effective spiritual leader in their homes and congregations, working as partners with their spouses and congregational leaders‑both lay and clergy.
- Spiritually growing men help congregations to become vital and alive.
- Everything desired from and through men comes as a result of men growing spiritually and maturing as disciples: family blessings, stewardship, service, outreach, prayer, spiritual leadership, lifestyle evangelism, and faithful obedience
Men’s Ministry meets the 1st Saturday of every month in the Room 208